Thursday, June 2, 2022

VårRuset 2022

In 2019 I sat together with my chiropractor and physiotherapist to set a goal. I told them I would like to enter a race. It doesn't matter what race, it has to be something challenging for me (at that time) and achievable. While they did not really say no, they did not discourage me. They said that I should start very slowly (their idea of starting slowly was walking for 3 minutes a day).  My chiropractor would pop my hip back in each time it "came out.  The past 3 years was both fun and tough, and numerous times when I thought I would reach my goal had me going back to zero - walking for 3 minutes only.

I thought this year would be that year. However a minor surgery in the middle of Ramadan had me back on the no-list. The past week I pleaded and pleaded with my doctors until they said yes - with 2 conditions 1) I would have to run with a bandaged hand. 2) "Manage your pain" my doctor said. I also informed the organisers of my situation and they were really helpful in informing me of their 911-procedures.

I walked into my chiropractor's office in 2019 dragging one foot. And after a few months, I was limping, and later was told I'll need a cane in 5 years  Today, I can run.

After a very exciting evening I reminded myself to answer 3 questions -

What have I learnt today?
Mindset and determination sets the pace for all endeavors. If you believe you can do this much then you shall achieve "this" much. And if you believe you can do THAT much, you shall achieve "THAT" much.

What can you learn from this experience?
Move your goal post - preferably further. There is nothing wrong with moving your goal post as long as you know where to aim.

How can you learn more from this?
Every day presents itself as a new learning experience. Do not underestimate the power of consistency and progress. Progress shows development, which leads to a whole new different you. You will like the "new you". Trust me.

  
 


^-^ 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

VårRuset 2022

In 2019 I sat together with my chiropractor and physiotherapist to set a goal. I told them I would like to enter a race. It doesn't matt...