Saturday, May 28, 2022

Post-surgery reflections - Day 33

 We are nearing the end of Wk5 of my CT surgery.


As always, with each passing day I attempt a new movement to test my hand to see if I am ready for some old movements.  Today it was the sujud.  For the past 5 weeks I have not been able to perform the prostation as I know it: to place both palms and my forehead to the ground. With only one hand, in the beginning I had to hold my bandaged hand to my chest. Even after the stitches were removed. And the sujud had to be as short as possible so that I do not fall flat on my face. I lost the sweetness of experiencing the sujud.

Around 4 weeks post-surgery, I noticed I could do a pretty decent sujud when I used only the fingers of my stitched hand. From that day onwards I would test my palm while doing my sujud to see if it still hurt.  It still did. But using my fingers is better than using only one hand.

Some things I always had to monitor -
• My food and nutrition, as I was not allowed to do much exercises
• My movements, one wrong movement would mean back to the drawing board
• My weight, more weight means more load on  my knees and the one good hand

Today is that day! Today is THE day when I could do a proper sujud. Both palms on the ground. Forehead on the ground. Holding that position for as long as I wished to. God, how good that felt! After 33 days.

But I am still not able to use my palm to get up from a sujud position.  And that is my next goal.

^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment

VårRuset 2022

In 2019 I sat together with my chiropractor and physiotherapist to set a goal. I told them I would like to enter a race. It doesn't matt...