Saturday, July 31, 2021

Site visit 2021 - Day 0

Assalamualaikum friends,

I am writing to a few selected friends to share something exciting (at least for me, it is!)

InshaAllah, for the next 2 weeks, I shall be in Turkey and Bosnia for work.  I shall be travelling with the US team in 3 cities: Istanbul, Gaziantep, Sarajevo to visit partners, projects and refugee camps.  Many of you might be aware that I am attached to Muslim Aid Sweden.  The Muslim Aid family is a charity and relief aid organisation.  We are found in at least 11 countries and work with partners worldwide.  However, in Sweden and in the US, we are fundraising offices.  We help everyone around the world, and yes, you might know Cherin Awad and Kajs Atallah who travel to deliver aid.  Behind the scenes are legal requirements, quality control, partnership creation, accountability and mitigation, etc.  For example, if a contractor builds a well, and someone falls into the well - what happens to the person, the family, the beneficiaries, the contractor, and the project.  If a refugee comes to us and says she has been a victim of rape at the refugee camp, we need to know how to signpost her to the proper help, IF that help is available.  So these will be the main activities of my trip.

I am usually better a solo traveller, and I nearly was not able to travel due to my health situation.  But for this trip, I requested the presence of someone who can assist me while travelling.  After searching high and low for a travel companion, I thought - Who better than 18%-Dr. Akif Rahman!  Alhamdulillah, Allah makes everything easy.  And He will make the difficulty easy, if He pleases.

I request for your sincerest du'as to make my trip easy, that I meet people who are kind and sincere, and that what we do can contribute to the building and rebuilding of the ummah!

BR, The Immigrant Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

VĂ¥rRuset 2022

In 2019 I sat together with my chiropractor and physiotherapist to set a goal. I told them I would like to enter a race. It doesn't matt...